Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Planning, Planning, Planning!

Running any group takes a lot of planning and a group that camps even more so! I am a proud member of House Hamilton. We are a group that plays in the SCA which is a group that does historical reenactment (www.sca.org). If your not familiar with it think the renaissance fair but more historical and many of the weekends are camping. You strive to reach a level of historical accuracy depending on the kind of money you have to invest and your personal interest and investment.
Anyway, a full season of camping and getting a group together take a lot of work. There is site reservations to take care of, meals to plan, lists of things to pack, and rides to arrange. So after some pre-planning this weekend (which involves Ralf who is Chief and head of House Hamilton and myself hammering out basic plans) we gathered all the Hamilton's together to start hammering out the plans for the coming season. Letting everyone know all the dates for all the events between now and September, thinking about rides, basic meal planning, figuring out crafting days to get all the equipment we need in order, and general rabble rousing.
For some reason I love planning. I'm not sure I'll ever really know why I find it so amusing. I love making lists, general crafting, meal planning, grocery shopping, and figuring just how much ice you need to keep a full kitchen for 20 people when all you have is coolers and its 90 degrees out. At some point I'll do a more detailed blog on my strange passion for cooking for camp.

For now I leave you with my inspiring picture of the day. This picture comes from a wonderful man by the name of Ken Morrill. I had the pleasure of meeting him in the Fall of 2010 at the Maryland Ren Fair. Its sort of a double bonus feature picture since the wonder, awesome, fantastic woman featured is Jo Dun-Jones who runs Moresca. She is up there on my list of most inspiring people. Enjoy and keep dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment