Monday, March 5, 2012

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

I have been sorely lacking in getting around to posting lately but as the title suggests I'm getting back into the habit. Its funny how things can throw you off your game and leave you without the desire to get much done. The winter season drags long here in Upstate, NY and it takes quite an effort to not let it drag you down when your a summer kind of person. Suffice to say it won me over for a while and after wallowing in the winter blah I have begun to come full circle and win back over the desire to do anything at all other then work and sleep.  Shortly after my last post I started suffering from a car problem. More accurately a lack of car problem. Long story short after putting some money into the silly thing for breaks and what not, kablamo goes my strut tower. Thus began the saga of deciding to fix it or let it go. After much sighing I decided it was time to let the old girl go. I loved my little Eclipse, but the prospect of more repairs, and the pressing need for a bigger car won out my decision. I hope she leads a happy new life with her new owner. Now begins the search for a new vehicle. I can only hope it goes quickly and smoothly and doesn't cost me tons of money.
Shortly after the car fiasco began the winter blah really set in. I think I was also fighting a cold, but I was so exhausted it was all I could do to drag myself home after the end of the work day. One of my shoulders also gave out, although it seems to be mostly better now. Thus is the saga of what has been going on lately, and although its not very exciting its whats been up.
In better news the camping season is fast approaching! House Hamilton has begun its planning for the coming season. Once again we are upping out game and striving to be bigger and better then ever (with an attempt to be more period correct as well!). We have planned sever crafting days (leather working, wood working, and sewing), a tent set up day to make sure things are in working order, and have hammered out our camping schedule for the coming year.  
I am incredibly excited for the upcoming season! I know it will be a new year of growth and discovery. I hopefully have a few other things going on aside from camping, but will wait to reveal those just in case they don't pan out as anticipated.

Todays inspiring image comes from my good friend Chris Magnus (aka Staples) and I think expresses the simple joy of being young again.

No comments:

Post a Comment