Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Resolution for the New Year

2013 felt like the year that just slipped past without notice. I remember it being just after New Years and then all of the sudden the summer was over and fall was upon us once again. The Spring was wet, the Summer cool, and the fall was short. When you enjoy the sun and being outside as much as I do this made the year seem short and rushed. It wasn't a bad year, it just rushed by too fast.
I hope 2014 isn't in such a hurry. A little more relaxing in the sun and a little more time for fun would be perfect. 
One of my resolutions this year is to try and take my blogging and writing more seriously again. I miss having the creative outlet and I feel bad for leaving the blog so lonely. 
I struggle in the winter to keep my spirits up and keep a positive outlook. I guess this is really an all year thing but it is certainly more intense in the winter when I don't have as many things to help keep my mind busy. Some days everything seems so hopeless. I truly hate this feeling but it follows me around some days no matter if I like it or not. It gets even more intense when I think about what I want to do with my life and where I want to go with my career. It seems I have been a secretary (and hating every day of it) forever! In reality its been about 8 years which is far longer then I intended to stay in such a job position.
The really hard part is when I think about what I might actually want to do and come up with no answers. I have no idea what I might enjoy more for work. Or what else I might qualify to do. I try not to dwell on it too much, but I do have to begin searching for something new. I know I can't keep this up forever. 

I suppose that is all for now. This year I am really going to try and keep to at least the writing more often resolution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment